Today, thanks to the internet, you are able to communicate and reach targets that were previously difficult to access. However, it is not enough to set up a website to make yourself known and see your sales grow. Parameters like natural referencing are essential to hoist the site at the top of the ranking, in search engines.
What Is an Optimized Site?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which can be associated with natural referencing, is a technique that requires certain skills available to SEO consultants or certain structures are commonly known as “web agencies”. The goal is to improve visibility on the internet and therefore increase traffic. Applied to a site, this technique allows it to appear in a good position on search engines such as Google.
An SEO optimized site is, therefore, a site that has benefited from significant contributions that will help to draw Internet users to it. In addition, faced with the proliferation of websites, it is necessary that those who wish to make theirs stand out. The optimized site is, therefore, a site that exploits techniques that allow it to be highlighted. Webmasters or web agencies generally have the skills to do this job.
The Two Main Factors of Natural Referencing
Optimizing or referencing a site is done in two distinct ways. It is :
- “On-site” referencing: it takes into account the means that directly impact the internal components of a site. For example, the structure, content, and performance of the site are elements that are influenced by “on-site” referencing;
- The second way is “off-site” referencing: this takes into account external factors linked to the site, which help to indirectly improve site optimization. The elements in question are net linking, Community management…
Points to Address for The Optimization of A Site
Highlighting a site involves checking certain essential parameters. Among these parameters, we will focus on:
- The creation of an ergonomic interface, easy to use.
- Quality content, consistent with the purpose of the site.
- The establishment of a communication strategy around the site.
Essential Reasons for a Site Optimization Strategy
There are several reasons to optimize a site.
- Optimization or natural referencing does not pay strictly speaking.
- The main advantage of natural referencing is that it generates quality traffic.
- The improvement of the conversion rate and the increase in turnover will be greater if the site is well optimized.
- The differentiation of your site compared to the competition is a major advantage offered by natural referencing.
- The dynamism of a brand image is visible at first glance when the site is optimized.
- With more than 200 existing criteria, the optimization strategy must be considered over the long term.
- Optimization creates a community within social platforms.
- The online improvement of the reputation of a structure will depend on the optimization of its website.
What Skills are Required to Optimize A Site?
Optimizing a site requires knowledge of the language-specific to search engines. This ability allows the specialist to implement the necessary information, to position it in the right place. Clues like “page rank” and “trust rank” help determine the credibility and relevance of a site. It is therefore essential for the SEO expert to know how these indices work.
An eye should always be kept on its online competitors, so as to identify the keywords that perfectly define the activity of the structure and will make the difference.
He will have to juggle between the world of web marketing, SEO, editorial strategy, as well as social networks. In short, there is no specific training that leads to the profession of SEO. The skills to be acquired are diverse. It is therefore imperative to follow as much training as possible to master each point related to this job.
Optimizing Images and Links: Essential Factors
The titles and descriptions of the different pages of the website must be unique. This will have the consequence of avoiding disturbing Google’s algorithms, causing confusion, and the robots will not think that the site is duplicating content.
Verification that each page has its description and title is mandatory. The technical language names the first title by H1 and the latter must also contain keywords. The most important pages of the site must contain texts with a minimum of words to be taken seriously by the algorithms.
At least 1000 words are required for this kind of page. By reaching this quota of words, Google considers that your page is “SEO friendly” and your site will be classified in the category of content likely to interest a large number of Internet users. The meta description tag is also important to Googlebot.
Apart from backlinks, which are external links, the structure of the site and its hierarchy are very important. The factor that gives value to a backlink is the reputation of the site that generated it. The second factor that gives weight to a link is the similarity of the themes addressed on the two sites.
Concerning your images, it is essential to indicate an alt attribute (alternative text) so that they are correctly indexed on Google images.